Our Client is looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join their Operations Team. He/ She will ideally have 5+ years’ experience in the construction of commercial and industrial units. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to become a key part of the ongoing success of a growing Meath based company.
Responsibilities of the role include:
Responsible for all commercial aspects of several projects.
Identifying and pricing of all variations as and when they occur.
Sending out tender enquiries to subcontractors and suppliers ensuring value for money is achieved at all times.
Checking measured quantities in pricing documents against drawings and other tender documents.
Inputting data to pricing documents.
Measurement of sub-contract elements and submission of monthly payment applications to clients
Assisting the commercial team to ensure that all contractual entitlements are submitted and recovered from clients.
Cost analysis and reviews of sub-contractor/supplier costings
Working closely with the commercial and engineering teams to deliver value for money, control budgets and assess value engineering opportunities.
Liaising with engineering and sales teams to ensure compliance with all contractual requirements and providing advice and monitoring of same.
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications Required:
- Preferably 5+ years’ experience in Quantity Surveying roles in a Construction/Engineering business, preferably with experience in construction of Commercial and Industrial Units.
- Degree level education within Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Commercial Management or a similar field.
- Ability to build strong working relationships.
- Some level of legal awareness and competence in assessing contract documents and contract requirements.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills.